Job Title: Accountant
Organization: Mengo Hospital
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Mengo Hospital was founded in 1897 in Kampala, and is the oldest hospital in Uganda. It currently serves as an urban community hospital that provides modern medical care. Mengo Hospital provides comprehensive care including radiology, obstetrics, dentistry, orthopedics, and surgery. Additionally, Mengo Hospital provides critical training and education to health professionals through its various programs in midwifery and nursing, health sciences, and laboratory technology. Mengo Hospital also has a dedicated research and development team that works to find new solutions to health issues in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The role holder will support sound business decision-making through the collection, analysis, investigation, management and accurate reporting of financial information within agreed deadlines.
- The role is also responsible for advising management on best practices in line with compliance standards as well as statutory obligations of the hospital, and ensure that implementation of approved decisions is efficiently executed
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must be a Graduate in Accounting, Finance, Commerce or Business.
- Professional Accounting qualification (ACCA or CPA)
- A minimum of five years’ experience in similar position.
- Good computer literacy with excellent use of Office-Excel, Word, Power point and experience in use of accounting software and ERP.
- Experience in health industry is an added advantage
- Excellent report writing skills Strong communication and team leadership
- Business management skills Negotiation, influencing, interpersonal skills
- Ability to motivate, supervise and develop others.
- Problem solver with strong analytical and numeracy skills.
- Proactive self-starter with strong organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to operate at strategic level in addition to delivering at an operational level.
- Must hold very high professional integrity
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates with relevant qualifications and experience should submit their application letters, detailed Curriculum vitae (CV), copies of academic transcripts, certificates, and valid contacts details (email and telephone) of three (3) Professional referees electronically by filling a form on our website at the link below;
Deadline: 11th October 2019
- No hand delivered applications will be considered.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted