Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: Uganda Christian University
Duty Station: UCU Main Campus, Mukono, Uganda
Uganda Christian University (UCU) is an authentic Christian institution established by the Church of Uganda in 1997 in response to a call for quality university education with a Christian perspective. In 2004, UCU became the first private university to be chartered or accredited by the government of Uganda. Located in Mukono, less than an hour’s drive from the capital city Kampala, Uganda Christian University is one of Uganda’s leading teaching and research universities.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will oversee the day-to-day running of the Faculty.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating Lecturers on any necessary information that concerns them e.g. internal communications from the Dean and University Administration.
- Requisition for equipment, furniture and other supplies for the School and ensure their maintenance.
- Ensure that the time table is working well, link Lecturers to students in cases of any need, update the Dean and the Lecturers on issues as they arise, and maintain general cleanliness and organization of the Faculty offices.
- Receiving communications from other Departments and Faculties for the Dean to respond to and give feedback accordingly.
- Organizing and attending meetings when necessary.
- Attending to students’ academic and other issues as they arise, and refer to the Dean where necessary.
- Promoting rapport between University administration and Lecturers/Tutors, and students for the smooth running of the Faculty.
- Making testimonials and recommendations for students for the Dean to sign whenever required.
- Administrative Assistant will be participating in making and follow up of execution of the work plan and budget for the Faculty.
- Requisition and account for funds for workshops, seminars and other related activities.
- Attending to parents and guardians on issues regarding their children’s academic and social affairs
- Handling students’ course work and examination results.
- Following up on students and Lecturers to meet deadlines.
- Acting as a link between students and Dean/Lecturers and vice versa where necessary.
- Working with the Faculty QA Coordinator to disseminate evaluation forms, for evaluating Lecturers to students, receiving them back, and compiling them for the Dean.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree from a recognized Institution of Higher learning.
- Should have working experience of at least two years of performing administrative tasks in an institution of higher learning.
- Excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, Power point and internet).
- Must have experience in minute taking.
- Good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Must be a person of high integrity with an excellent work ethic.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines and be available to work after normal working hours.
- Must be a mature and committed Christian.
How to Apply:
All qualified candidates should apply online at the link below.
Click Here – > Select Position Title -> Apply
Deadline: Friday, 27th September 2019.