Job Title: Administrative Assistant
Organization: National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Engineer/Assigned Head of Department
National Housing and Construction Company Limited (NHCC) was founded in 1964 and is a Ugandan construction and real estate management company, partly owned by the Uganda Government. The Company’s mandate is to increase the housing stock in the country, rehabilitate the housing industry and encourage Ugandans to own homes in an organized environment.
Job Summary: The Administrative Assistant will be responsible for providing office management, as well as secretarial support services to the assigned Department.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive, sort and read in-coming and outgoing official correspondences and ensure their proper distribution or dispatch, as well as maintain a follow up action system.
- Maintaining contacts and calendars via Outlook.
- Making photocopies, sending faxes, shredding documents.
- Word process correspondences from various sources, including manual drafts, dictations, e-mails and verbal or written instructions.
- Participate in preparing for meetings, distribute minutes as directed, as well as coordinate events, appointments and other similar activities.
- Serve as the primary departmental receptionist including receiving calls and visitors and direct them or take messages as appropriate.
- Ensure proper records management by maintaining an efficient filing and retrieval system.
- Keep abreast with all current on-going activities by reading files and correspondences in order to be effective in administratively supporting departmental staff.
- Monitor and maintain daily schedules, diaries, travel plans, appointments and similar matters for departmental staff
- Coordinate the operational support activities for the Department, including monitoring the status and proper use of office furniture, equipment and stationery.
- Ensure the cleanliness and orderliness of departmental offices at all times.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Housing and Construction Company Limited Administrative Assistant job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Secretarial Studies or its equivalent from a recognized University or Institution.
- Two years of relevant working experience as a Secretary/Administrative Assistant or in a similar position in a large and reputable public or private organization
- Proven knowledge and skills in application of MS Office Packages (especially Word, Excel and PowerPoint are essential).
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- A patient, friendly, resilient, helpful and reliable personality
- Ability to multi-task
- Must be able to work under minimum supervision
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and for long hours
- Interpersonal and human relations skills, as well as courteous and a team-player.
- Time management and stress management skills.
- Age: Below 50 years
How to Apply:
All interested candidates are encouraged to send their applications indicating the position being applied for and accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of academic certificates, evidence of relevant working experience & contacts of three professional referees should be addressed to;
The Chief Human Resource Officer,
Plot 5, 7th Street, Industrial Area,
P.O. Box 659, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org . (All applications via email must be sent as one document not more than 10 MBs)
Deadline: 13th September 2019 by 4:00 pm