Job Title: Data Clerk (60 Entry Level Diploma Jobs)
Organization: John Snow, Inc (JSI)
Funding Source: United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: &E Officer
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) is a leader in improving the health of individuals and communities by providing high-quality technical and managerial assistance to public health programs worldwide. JSI has implemented projects in 100 countries, and currently operates from eight U.S. and 81 international offices for the past 30 years. The JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. ID a leading public health research and consulting organization.
About USAID RHITES-N Project:
USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. USAID-RHITES-N, Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan government to carry out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high-impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV-prevalence locations.
Job Summary: The Data Clerk will mainly be responsible for the definitudes toleration, storage retrieval of all the medical records.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Engage with the HIA to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
- Work closely with the HIA and the M&E Officer to quantify the tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
- Work with the HIA to prepare HMIS reports and submit them on time (by 5th of the month).
- Ensure that data on additional indicators outside of DHIS2 reporting system are collected and reported on time.
- Manage the HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits, ensuring it is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda EMR on the same day the patients visit the facility
- Ensure that data in the client cards, register, EMR and dispensing logs are in harmony at all times Compile and submit to the M&E Officer all weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2.
- Support family health data capture, storage, retrieval and timely reporting Ensure paperwork is properly filled out. Verify accuracy of data and track movement of files.
- Ensure all files are secure.
- Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times.
- Ensure safety of all equipment in the data room.
- Routinely perform basic data analysis to encourage data use at the facility.
- Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
- Participate in collaborative learning and adapting activities designed from time to time
- Support data collection and submission for adhoc and other special studies commissioned by USAID RHITES-N, Lango.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the USAID RHITES-N Data Clerk job placement should hold a diploma in Statistics, Medical Records, Computer Science or related field or qualification.
- At least two years of experience in handling medical records
- Previous experience of working with international NGOs, MOH, and public health facilities will be an advantage.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Practical experience in working with routine health information systems at the facility, district or national level.
- Practical knowledge in the Uganda Electronic Medical Records (Uganda EMR), and DHIS2 data entry will be an added advantage.
- Computer Literate and with acceptable minimum speed for data entry.
- Proficient in information management programs and MS Office.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated cover letters and updated CVs to email@example.com addressed to the Human Resource Manager
Deadline: 18th October 2019