Job Title: Divisional Assistant (Admin Jobs)
Organisation: World Vision International
Reports to: Governance & Legal Advisor
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian Relief, Development and Advocacy Non-Government Organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 41 districts in Uganda. World Vision is committed to the protection of children and we will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible. “Our Vision for every child, Life in all its fullness. Our prayer for every Heart, the will to make it so.”
Job Summary: The Divisional Assistant will provide administrative and secretarial support to the National Director’s office in order to maximize efficient and effective operations of the department in line with the strategic objectives, organizational policies and procedures.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain the ND’s electronic calendar/diary, including scheduling of meetings with visitors.
- Coordinate preparations for trainings, meetings, workshops and seminars (internal and external) involving members of the department.
- Managing departmental records but not limited to filing of all internal and external correspondences and reports.
- Responsible for making domestic and international travel arrangements for departmental
- Staff and visitors. Includes coordinating visas, hotel bookings, ticket bookings, vehicle hires et cetera.
- Responsible for preparing reports, presentations, invoices, letters et cetera.
- Prepare and control the departmental budget in line with the financial & administration guidelines.
- Support the organization, filing and timely distribution of documentation required for high-level meetings
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the World Vision Divisional Assistant job placement should preferably hold a University degree in Secretarial studies, Office management, business administration or related field;
- Three to five years’ experience working in the same role;
- Excellent communication and a high standard in English, both spoken and written;
- Spiritual maturity – ability to articulate and model our Christian identity and mission in an inclusive way.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to deliver results through a team;
- High motivation with proven ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision, prioritize and work to deadlines;
- Proven ability to demonstrate initiative, resourcefulness and perseverance;
- A very high standard of personal integrity and confidentiality
- Proficiency in the Microsoft suite of applications.
- Previous similar experience with an International organization;
- Experience in a coordination role;
- Experience in records management;
- Experience in events management;
- Experience in public communications.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 9th September 2019