Organization: British High Commission (BHC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Office Notice No.: 07/19 KPL
Starting Monthly Salary: UGX 2,508,110 gross
The British High Commission is the diplomatic liaison office that aims to develop and maintain close bilateral relations with Uganda, in accordance with British government policies. The British High Commission is responsible for the political relationship between the UK and Uganda, and we provide advice and guidance on political and governance issues. BHC provides assistance and documentary services to British nationals in Uganda. The UK Trade and Investment Section provides assistance to both British and Ugandan businesses.
Job Summary: The Projects Assistant will support the delivery of the High Commission’s projects. You will work closely with the Projects Officer and the political team to support the design, management and delivery of projects. The incumbent will provide an effective, high quality clerical and administrative support service to the Political team. The ideal candidate is likely to have strong administrative and communications skills, a keen attention to detail and experience of administering projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive and answer initial enquires on projects both by email and phone. File hard copy letters.
- Maintain and provide accurate project records and information in a reliable, retrievable and user friendly manner i.e filing, copying, scanning and recording all relevant project information.
- Prepare documents for meetings i.e sending meeting requests by email, drafting document lists, taking and recording minutes at project meetings.
- Chasing by phone and email –activity updates, Quarterly and end of project reports, financial accountability and any other requested information.
- Sending invitations for political team, and chasing for timely responses.
- Making meeting bookings, transport and visitor notification requests in advance of activities or when requested.
- Liaising with the accounts department regarding payments and inform line manager of any sudden changes to forecasts.
- Calendaring important project notifications and following up with reminders. To ensure that the each project calendar is up to date.
- Work with project implementers to ensure accurate activity work plans and subsequently update internal project calendars.
- To ensure that the line manager and other members of the Political team are aware of any issues on projects or any calendared activities.
- To ensure that project team meet deadlines.
- Any other administrative support (scanning, printing, telephone calls and emails) as requested.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the British High Commission (BHC) Projects Assistant job should hold a university degree in a relevant field;
- Experience of project management, including budget management;
- At least three years of relevant work experience;
- Experience in report writing, note taking and event planning
- High level of administrative and clerical skills.
- Sound project and financial management knowledge, skills and experience.
- Close attention to detail and ability to prioritise in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills – written, oral, one-to-one, group, formal presentations.
- Ability and willingness to undergo security vetting process
- Competencies: Collaborating and Partnering, Delivering Value for Money, Managing a Quality Service, Delivering at Pace
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the British High Commission in the aforementioned capacity should apply by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 24th May 2019