Job Title: Machine Technical Operators (80 No Experience Job Vacancies)
Organization: Nice House of Plastics
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Production Technician
Nice House of Plastics Limited was founded in 1970 by Dr. James Mulwana, a leading entrepreneur and industrialist in Uganda. Our founder strived to create the base that has since grown to become the company we all know and love. We are proud to be a manufacturer of house hold and industrial plastic Items and are the only manufacturer of Ballpoint pens and Toothbrushes in Uganda.
Job Summary: Right before a machine is expected to perform a procedure, machine operators prepare them. This preparation includes managing settings, carrying out tests and regulating it to ensure that it runs flawlessly throughout a procedure. Once a machine is set up, a machine operator is expected to run the machine to ensure that manufacturing procedures are carried out.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Set up machine/take over at the beginning of shift to ensure proper working order
- Perform testing procedures to ensure that machines work optimally during the production procedures
- Monitor machine operation during production.
- Check oil and lubrication levels, report leakages.
- Maintain and clean machines before and after each shift
- Calibrate machines at the beginning of each shift
- Ensure that regular and preventative maintenance procedures are carried out
- Perform random tests to ensure accuracy
- Troubleshoot problems during machine operation
- Ensure that machines are producing quality products by managing periodic checks on output
- Recalibrate machines at the end of each shift, check oil, report any leakages on the machine
- Ensure stocks of needed materials are ready and available at all times
- Monitor machines during every procedure to ensure optimum running
- Provide relevant information regarding progress to supervisors
- Create and maintain activity logs
- Report mechanical faults to supervisors immediately.
- Ensure good quality of products produced.
- Achieve given targets,
- Participate/assist in changing the mould on your machine.
- Keep a clean area around machine.
- Ensure proper handover to next shift operator.(do not leave work station before replacement has shown up)
- Health and safety
- Ensure personal safety, wear safety gadgets provided at all times
- Perform safety checks on machine before and after operating
- Report observed safety issues at the end of the shift to the new operator
- Observe and fully participate in the Mulwana Way Operating System
- Perform other duties as may assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Machine Technical Operators must hold a Certificate in electrical installation, mechanics, craft engineering or any other related field
- Team working skills
- Conceptual Skills
- General Consulting Skills
- Production Planning
- Role appreciation & understanding
- Interpersonal skills
- Problem solving skills
- Equipment Maintenance
- Strong Verbal Communication skills
- Quality Focus
- Personal Attributes: Confidence, Integrity, Trustworthy, Respectful, Team Player and Innovator
How to Apply:
All candidates should email a cover letter and current CV to email@example.com. Please include Machine Technical Operators in the subject line of your email. No email be heavier than 2MBs. Due to the high number of applications we anticipate receiving, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 18th October 2019