Job Title: Management Information System Officer
Organization: Goal Uganda
GOAL is currently seeking to hire competent persons to join our Uganda team. This is an exciting opportunity for you to join an extremely dynamic International NGO and to use your skills. If you are familiar with working within the international development aid sector and have a strong background in the areas mentioned, then you are the one we are looking for!
All positions are contingent to funding.
Management Information System Officer
About the Role: The MIS Officer will work closely with the GOAL MEAL team, including theManagement Information System Manager, to provide advice on and help implement a management information system for GOAL in Uganda to enable efficient access to routine programme data to drive business planning and programme development; to review and monitor the implementation of partnerships with intervention partners (e.g., private sector, government, NGOs); and to understand whether expected results are delivered. The MIS Officer will support the customization of digital MEAL systems in platforms such as PowerBi, Commcare, Mwater and other ODK toolkits. They will support across Programmes and Systems to improve monitoring, data capture and visualization, and regular use of data to help inform strategic decisions and increase overall efficiency. The Management Information Systems (MIS) Officer will be motivated by the potential to increase efficiencies and portray complex data in simple yet meaningful ways to communicate GOAL’s mission and vision and overall impact. They will have expertise in MIS tools and approaches, both for use in monitoring project data and results, as well as systems improvements. They will work well independently and as part of a team, working across different departments to bring about a positive shift in the understanding and use of MIS for increased efficiency and impact
MIS support to Programmes and Systems
- Support the Management Information System Manager and MEAL Co in designing and standardising surveys and data capture processes to ensure reporting and KPIs are accurate and information is accessible to a range of audiences
- Support country programmes with form digitization and the development of dashboards (primarily using CommCare and Power BI).
- Assist in providing regular technical support for staff on MIS tools or platforms
- Support on training and building the capacity of staff on the use of MIS tools including the use of software services for: form digitalization (e.g. CommCare, MWater), dashboarding (e.g. Power BI) and other (e.g. ArcGIS).
- Data analysis and visualisation
- Support in the analysis of datasets using dashboarding (e.g. Power BI), statistical (e.g. SPSS/Python) and/or GIS (e.g. ArcGIS) tools.
- Share monthly data reports and visualisations for each GU project in alignment with regular Programme Review Meetings and learning events
- Contribute to monthly data reports and visualisations, in coordination with the GU MEAL team, to Programme leads and SMT in support of adaptive management and the assessment of progress against project, programme and country targets, using statistical and data modelling
- Assist GU Programme staff to identify and respond to trends in already established datasets
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Degree in computer science, business analytics or another data-heavy field.
- Previous experience in training
- Basic knowledge of statistics and experience working with relational data structures,
- Experience working with dashboarding software (Tableau, Qlik, Looker), particularly Power BI (highly preferred)
- Experience working with ODK based software (Kobo, SurveyCTO, MWater), particularly CommCare
- Knowledge of a programming language (VBA, Java, C), particularly R or Python
- Experience working in the humanitarian or development sectors
- Knowledge of SQL and of machine learning
Established in 1977, GOAL is an international humanitarian agency, with a global team of 2,400 personnel, dedicated to alleviating the needs of the most vulnerable communities. Currently operating in 13 of the world’s most vulnerable countries, GOAL delivers a wide range of humanitarian and development programmes, ranging from humanitarian relief in disaster situations, to focusing on nutrition, food security, and building greater resilience and sustainable livelihoods.
General description of the country programme:
First operational in Uganda in 1979, the current GOAL Uganda country programme focuses on Health (including WASH, Health Accountability and Nutrition programming); and a market based systems approach to improving agricultural livelihoods and WASH. GOAL Uganda mainstreams gender, child protection, social behaviour change and resilience strategies across all programming. GOAL works on a district focused approach and uses a mixture of direct implementation and partnerships with national and international civil society organizations, local government, the private sector and communities to give effect to our mission.
GOAL Uganda has a skilled team of approximately 100 personnel and manages an annual operating budget of approximately €8.7 million (2018). GOAL is currently operational in the North, South, East and West of Uganda with six established offices in Kampala, Lira, Bugiri, Abim, Kaabong and Agago Districts. GOAL Uganda country programme is funded by a number of donors who include Mastercard, charity: water, Irish Aid and some small foundations.
Remuneration Package and Benefits:
Our package includes a competitive salary, health insurance cover for up to 3 dependents, comprehensive 24 hour personal accident cover, terminal benefits equivalent to one month for each completed year of service and our working hours provide for a half day on Fridays. GOAL promotes a learning and development environment with training & study opportunities aligned to our staff development policy.
How to Apply:
Interested applicants who meet the requirements should submit their applications by email with at least 4 reference contacts (3 from the last three employers, and 1 character reference), and daytime contact number to; The Human Resource Manager, GOAL Uganda: email@example.com indicating the title for the position applied for in the subject line by 21st November 2019. PLEASE DO NOT ATTACH CERTIFICATES.
Deadline: 21st November 2019
- Address kampala, Uganda