Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Organisation: Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Executive Director
Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation (TMF) is a fully registered Non-Government Organization that was started as an initiative in 2013 by former child mothers who turned their negative experience into a positive action. The organization`s mandate is to promote gender equality and empower adolescent girls and young women through holistic programs that address their critical needs while putting greater emphasis on ending teenage pregnancy., child marriages and supporting girls to stay in school and complete school. The organization envisions a generation where all girls are in school, empowered and enjoying their childhood. The mission of TMF is to contribute towards increased retention of girls children in schools through ending teenage pregnancy and child marriages in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer will be responsible for the design, coordination and implementation of the monitoring and evaluation, research, and learning framework of the Project. He/she will develop a systematic monitoring framework to improve the qualitative and quantitative data gathered by the Project. He/she will also provide technical assistance to staff, particularly in relation to monitoring, reporting and governance issues.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Setting up the system:
- Assist in the development of the project log frame matrix, particularly in the areas of performance indicators and their measurement;
- Assist in the development and/or finalization of the project Work Plans and keep them updated in accordance with project activities and timeframes as relevant.
- Develop the overall framework, for project M&E, for example mid-term project review, impact assessment, final evaluation, develop project Performance Monitoring Plan with relevant data collection systems.
- Review the quality of existing data in the project subject areas, the methods of collecting it, and the degree to which it will provide good baseline statistics for impact evaluation.
- Develop baseline data for each project component and for all project indicators.
- With collaborating partners, review their existing approaches and management information systems and agree on any required changes, support and resources.
- Develop a plan for project-related capacity-building on M&E and for any computer-based support that may be required.
- Organize and undertake training with collaborating partners on M&E as required.
Implementation of M&E and coordination:
- Collect data on a regular basis to measure achievement against the performance indicators.
- Check data quality.
- Maintain and administer the M&E database; analyze and aggregate findings.
- Support project progress reporting, project mid-term review and final evaluation.
- Identify areas where technical support to project partners is required. Organize refresher training on M&E for staff & partners as required.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outputs of the project. Provide advice to the supervisor on improving project performance using M&E findings.
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required.
- Provide top management with management information she/he may require.
- Check that monitoring data are discussed in appropriate forum and in a timely fashion in terms of implications for future action. If necessary, create such discussions to fill any gaps.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by the supervisor..
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, demographics, public policy, international development, economics, or any other related fields. Postgraduate certificate in M&E, statistics or economics preferred.
- At least three (3) years of professional experience in an M&E position responsible for implementing M&E activities of donor funded projects.
- Experience in designing, implementing, and operating project M&E systems from project initiation to closeout stages.
- Experience in designing and managing beneficiary monitoring and database systems.
- Experience in strategic planning and performance measurement, including indicator selection, target setting, reporting, database management, and developing M&E and performance monitoring plans.
- Knowledge of the major evaluation methodologies (e.g. qualitative, quantitative, mixed-method, and impact) and data collection and analysis methodologies.
- Experience in planning and managing surveys.
- Experience in developing and refining data collection tools.
- Experience with data quality assessments and oversight.
- Experience in managing and providing training to partners and target beneficiaries.
- Ability to facilitate and serve as project liaison for externally-managed evaluations.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken command of English.
- Good knowledge of programme implementation, monitoring and evaluation techniques and practices.
- Familiarity with impact assessment an advantage
- Familiarity with some of the substantive issues handled by the project such as labour inspection, labour law enforcement, social dialogue.
- Good knowledge and experience regarding gender mainstreaming.
- Good moderation, facilitation and training skills.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise and negotiate with government and social partners.
- Ability to perform a variety of conceptual analyses required for the formulation, administration and evaluation of projects.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Ability to work in a team and good interpersonal skills.
- Good computer applications skills such as SPSS, MS application (MS Excel, MS Word, MS Access, power point)
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal with people with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to build on relevant knowledge within donor funded projects as well as actively share her/his experience and expertise with colleagues and partners.
- Ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to work under time pressure and meet deadlines.
- Ability to work in diversified environments.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates not bigger than 2MB addressed to the Executive Director, Trailblazers Mentoring Foundation via E-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: 17th July 2019 by 5:00PM