Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator
Organisation: Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Programme Quality Assurance Manager
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
Job Summary: The Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator supports the monitoring and evaluation of DRC Uganda Country program. The objective of this position is to conduct/implement comprehensive monitoring, evaluation, learning and impact assessment work for DRC/DDG’s program in Uganda, to ensure that reporting is done timely and effectively and that impact narratives are communicated to field team.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop and implement M&E system for DRC Uganda projects and ensure that tools and framework, reporting plan are in place and used by the field teams appropriately.
- Support Quality Assurance Manager and other program teams in developing strong indicators and logical frameworks for the current and new projects
- Lead M&E Activities for all DRC projects, including DDG programming in Karamoja; requires familiarity with conflict sensitive programming and Monitoring and Evaluation.
- Support the AVR Managers, Coordinators and other Programme staff with the active implementation of their M&E plans, ensure M&E plans are updated timely and M&E findings are in place for all donor reports.
- Coordinate with field staff to develop tools and methods to improve data collection for example, surveys, assessment and beneficiary data
- Coordinate periodic baseline, midline, and final evaluations, as well as continual evaluation and research for specific DRC projects and Consortia.
- Lead the implementation of Information Management (IM) platform and securely transfer large program field data. Support with accuracy of data entered in to the platform and day-to-day management.
- Capacity build, train and support sectors and field staff to improve the field monitoring or any other monitoring needs.
- Lead in the development and refinement of Monitoring and Evaluations Plans (MEPs) and questionnaires for the assessments. The Coordinator will also review and approve any MEL tools developed by the field team.
- Develop and strengthen DRC’s M&E unit including coordinating recruitments, capacity building and performance management for trainees and volunteers
- Take the lead in supporting of all external evaluation consultancies of large projects (within DRC evaluation threshold) implemented in with support from all relevant program staff.
- Oversee the development of MEAL tools and database ensuring that such tools and data is in line with program goals and objectives
- Act as line manager to one M&E Assistant, setting objectives, managing work plans, and overseeing day-to-day activities.
- Expand the use of ICT for monitoring and Evaluation, including expanding the utilization of mobile data collection and Geographical Information System (GIS) to enhance project quality
- Coordinate the design and implementation of accountability systems for projects working closely with Programme Managers
- Build the capacity of staff to plan and implement effective accountability systems for the country Programme
- Strengthen the country program’s beneficiary and feedback complaint mechanism and set-up new systems as emerge
Learning and project quality
- Participate in project Kick-off meetings, Quarterly Review meetings and Close-out meetings in order to highlight cross-project components aimed at replicating good practices and strengthening synergies between projects or Programmes.
- Regularly present key M&E findings to the Senior Management Team for further development, and ensuring that lessons learnt informs project development efforts.
- Support the program’s aim for further strengthened integrated programming and actively propose ways of achieving this using M&E findings.
- Support Knowledge management specialist in rolling out knowledge management infrastructure and systems in Uganda country program.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning Coordinator job should hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Statistics, Social Sciences, Computer sciences,
- PGD Monitoring and Evaluation
- Experience with design and implementation of M&E systems for emergency, recovery and development programs
- Experience with development of heavy data flow systems, implementation and management of database systems (SQL, Microsoft Access and basic Oracle DBMS skills)
- Excellent command of statistical packages (SPSS, SAS, STATA, EPIDATA, EPINFO)
- Excellent knowledge of Mobile data applications (Kobo, ODK, etc)
- Experience with participatory assessment and community-based monitoring techniques and approaches
- Extensive knowledge of Quantitative and Qualitative approaches for M&E
- Excellent command of GIS software (ArcGIS, Quantum GIS, ArcMIS)
- Excellent analytical and report writing skills
- Excellent Team Player
- Effective Communication skills
- Languages: English- fluent in both speaking and writing. Any other local e.g. Swahili, etc
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their online applications at the link below.
Deadline: 15th June 2019