Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
Duty Station: 3rd Floor Rwenzori House, 1 Lumumba Avenue, Kampala, Uganda
Deloitte is a leading provider of world-class professional services dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Job Summary: The Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will ensure that all assignments are carried out to the highest standards in order to provide outstanding value to clients and the Firm.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement a results-based M&E framework and methodology for the specific program;
- Create effective M&E information systems to support monitoring activities. Periodically review and revise the system so that it is adapted appropriately to changing operating contexts;
- Determine indicators, baseline data, targets and a plan to evaluate performance and produce timely, accurate and complete reporting;
- Ensure that the M&E tool is adaptable to use to improve activity performance and that relevant and timely M&E information is provided in user-friendly formats to key stakeholders;
- Collect and analyze qualitative and quantitative data to measure the performance, impact, and sustainability of relevant project; and,
- Monitor compliance with M&E activities and act as a focal point to organize and manage monitoring reviews, evaluations and/or After Action Reviews (AARs).
Key Performance Areas of a Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist
- Strategic Impact
- Budgets / Profitability
- Core Technical/Professional
- Tax laws and rules.
- Delivery excellence.
- Analytical thinking and problem solving
- Technology tools and solutions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Deloitte Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist career placement must hold a Graduate degree in economics, statistics, monitoring and evaluation, or other relevant field preferred;
- A Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Additional professional credentials preferred (such as, illustratively, a Ph.D. in a required field, CPA, ACCA, CIMA, CA, industrial or other professional certifications that denote specific technical, business, or industry qualifications relevant to the required area of work);
- At least ten (10) years of professional experience in the development of M&E systems and/or performance-based management;
- Previous work experience in Uganda or East Africa is preferred;
- Substantial international development experience, including substantial experience working on donor-development partner-funded activities(Previous experience on a USAID Funded Project preferred);
- Direct experience with leading M&E efforts particularly the requirements pertaining to Activity Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning Plans (AMELPs) and activity indicators;
- Experience providing technical leadership or support to the development of qualitative and quantitative data collection instruments; field-based, hands-on, and long-term M&E implementation experience is preferred;
- Strong capability to carry out economic and statistical analysis;
- Experience in designing, implementing, and managing project Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plans;
- Experience in working with team members on collecting information and analyzing and identifying lessons learned with others to serve as a feedback tool to incorporate back into activity implementation;
- Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist should Demonstrate excellence in interpersonal communication skills, with a strong emphasis on verbal and written communication; and,
- Strong analytical thinking, attention to detail, organizational skills, timeliness, and work ethic.
How to Apply:
All candidates are encouraged to apply online through Deloitte East Africa Careers portal at the link below.
Deadline: 26th September 2019.
NB: We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process.