Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation Intern
Organisation: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior M&E Advisor
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) is a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policy makers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services.
Job Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation Intern will contribute significantly to the implementation of the M&E system of the USAID funded Uganda Health Supply Chain (UHSC). S/he will work together with the M&E Advisor and program staff to ensure that all relevant reports are compiled as per the set timelines, support program teams in the management and analysis of data routinely collected and submitted into the Pharmaceutical Information Portal(PIP) and District health information system(DHIS2) , Extract data needed for the compilation of Activity Monitoring Evaluation and Learning plan(AMELP) indicator figures needed for tracking progress towards attainment of program objectives and routine reporting to USAID and other stakeholders. The opportunity will help build his or her program monitoring and evaluation skills through exposure to variety of different programs and activities.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support staff to assess the information needs to determine key issues and requirements of the M&E system
- Support routinely compilation of indicator data needed for tracking program progress
- Support analysis and interpretation of data from multiple databases to explain trends and discuss possible effects of implemented interventions with relevant technical managers
- Participate in research studies and evaluations conducted by the program to inform program level decision making
- Other responsibilities as may be required
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Monitoring and Evaluation Intern job should preferably hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Quantitative Economics or related field required
- Knowledge of statistical programs like STATA or SPSS preferred
- A high level of computer literacy particularly in spreadsheets required
- Excellent writing and analytical skills required
- Advanced quantitative skills required
- Ability to work with teams and meet deadlines
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Management Sciences for Health in the aforementioned capacity should apply online at the link below.