Job Title: Officer EFD – Inspection (25 Fresher Job Vacancies)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The Officer EFD – Inspection will mainly manage and monitor the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing operations in the field by providing support to taxpayers and thus enhance voluntary compliance and maximize revenue collection.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Develop and actualize the implementation of field enforcement plans in line with the departmental objectives to ensure the use of the procured Hardware and software for the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing operations.
- Train and Educate taxpayers on how to use EFDs and e-Invoicing system.
- Ensure that the taxpayers adhere to the set out rules and regulations for the use of the EFD/e-invoicing hardware and software.
- Ensure that fiscal Invoices/receipts are being issued by the sellers as per set guidelines.
- Carry out quality checks on the EFDs to establish their functional status and report immediately to the project Manager cases where seals have been damaged or tampered with for further Management.
- Report immediately to a designated location once an alert has been raised and ensue corrective action follows procedure and set guidelines.
- Provide input to the Project Manager during the implementation of the system solution based on conditions within the field.
- Prepare daily field reports for submission to the Project Manager.
- Monitor the outputs against the set activities in line with the monitoring and evaluation framework.
Monitor EFD records to provide accountability for the distribution and usage.
- Coordinate with suppliers of EFDs to ensure on time delivery across different regions and taxpayer business locations to support invoice/receipt issuance.
- Record and report on the distribution of all EFDs received, dispatched, damaged, under repair, beyond repair and those returned to the supplier within their designated field locations.
- Conduct a weekly stock take on all EFDs in operation and prepare a report to the Project Manager including missing or stolen devices for further management.
- Prepare weekly device usage reports and submit to project Manager further management.
Ensure that URA and departmental service standards are maintained within the region.
- Plan for initiatives to improve the turnaround time as per the URA service standards.
- Account for the maintenance and utilization of assets under your jurisdiction.
- Promote the image of URA at all times.
- Report on the accomplishments, challenges and way forward to sustain excellent quality of service delivery.
Manage the integrity and expansion of the taxpayer register.
- Monitor economic activity in the field to ensure persons eligible for registration are identified and immediately communicated to the Service Management team for further Action.
- Monitor and evaluate initiatives from the compliance improvement plan that have been put in place to identify persons in the region that are eligible to register for tax but fail to do so.
Manage the improvement of voluntary compliance
- Monitor compliance behavior of taxpayers following the implementation of EFD/e-invoicing compliance improvement initiative and ensure that corrective actions are implemented.
- Evaluate the performance of newly registered taxpayers in line with receipt/invoice issuance.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) Officer EFD – Inspection job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Information Technology, Computer Science, Electronics, Entrepreneurship or a related field.
- Training in Business, taxation, entrepreneurship is an added advantage is desired
- At least two years of working experience with reputable organization under any of the following; Whole sale and general Trade, Manufacturing, Construction, Real estate, Transportation and storage, Financial and insurance, Telecom, Hotel and Accommodation and Other Services
- Development and design of online marketing platforms.
- Knowledge of business operation in any of the following sectors; Whole sale and general Trade, Manufacturing, Construction, Real estate, Transportation and storage, Financial and insurance, Telecom, Hotel and Accommodation and Other Services
- Development and design of online marketing platforms.
- Knowledge and application of information technology in the business environment.
- Personal initiative to set and achieve goals
- Time management
- Planning and organization; self-direction and responsibility
- Team work; communication and collaboration
- Conflict management; problem solving, cross-cultural skills
- Analytical skills
- Ability to speak English is mandatory along with any of the following languages: Luganda, Runyakitara, Luo, Swahili, Chinese and Hindi.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 25th October 2019 at 11:59pm