Job Title: Operations Supervisor
Organisation: CJ Smart Cargo
Duty Station: 1st Floor S & L Chambers, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
CJ Smart Cargo is a one-step intelligent logistics solution provider in the world. Based on its core businesses, such as EPC project logistics, Heavy Lift, Marine Engineering, Logistics, Ro-Ro vehicle and innovative businesses, such as Oversea Warehouse, Factory Relocation, CJ Smart Cargo can provide customized, integrated and intelligent logistic service. It is also the general contractor at the strategy of “One Belt and One Road” and launches the first platform of EPC supply chain to provide the data service for the relative companies of “One Belt and One Road” with the support of government and scientific research institution.
Job Summary: The Operations Supervisor offers technical oversight and coordination over the Operations Department to ensure a harmonious and successful execution and completion of jobs being cleared.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee and coordinate the, declaration department of the company;
- Advice and guide the Declaration officers in the execution of their duties;
- Help the declaration team in carrying out there functions when need arises;
- Help make declarations to Customs when necessary;
- Inform Operations Manager of the general needs and requirements in declaration team well in advance;
- Plan and budget for the needs of the declarations team;
- Make field visits in support of the declaration staff while carrying out their duties;
- Represent the company in business fora especially those related to operations as delegated.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal applicant for the CJ Smart Cargo Operations Supervisor job must hold a Diploma or Bachelors degree in Procurement and Logistics or related field.
- Five years of working experience in Customs Clearance and Freight Forwarding processes in Uganda.
- Should have successfully undertaken and graduated from the EACFFPC course.
- Excellent command of the English language.
- Knowledgeable of the basic Customs Nomenclature, laws and terminology.
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Information management skills
- Attention to detail
- Must be Ugandan
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications and updated CVs online to the following email address; firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com
NB: Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 21st August 2019