Job Title: Prestige Personal Banker (Several No Experience Customer Service Jobs)
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Job Summary: The Prestige Banker will deliver exceptional sales performance by identifying and meeting customer needs through selling & cross-selling of all Barclays Africa Retail products & services.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Sales to Retail Banking Customers: 50%
- Actively participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Agree, meet and exceed targets for specific sales campaigns.
- Maintain own sales performance statistics for management information usage.
- Own and manage personal product & channel sales targets to contribute towards the outlet sales objectives.
- Refer to the appropriate area of delivery for specialist product help or advice (e.g. Schemes or Home Loans) when uncertain about the product delivery or application process. Respond directly to the customer.
- Build effective relationships with branch staff to ensure that non-sales staff refer customers to the Personal Banker when they identify a particular product or service need.
- In integrated branches, build effective relationships with Customer Advisors to ensure that they refer standard customers who become eligible for Prestige products and services.
- Responsible for complete account opening documentation together with customers and submit to the Branch Manager for review before submitting to operations for processing.
- Call customers when their accounts have been opened, generate welcome pack letters and send to customers.
- When selling loans to Retail prestige customers, complete the financial analysis and statement review on customer accounts. Where customers do not meet the minimum criteria, advise the customer, verbally or in writing as the customer requires. Report such denials to the Branch Manager on a daily basis.
Operational Rigour and Compliance with KYC Requirements: 20%
- Ensure accuracy of each new account application, loan document, Barclaycard application and bank account mandate change. Personal Bankers are held personally accountable for accuracy and quality of these and supporting documents that they complete and submit.
- The Barclays Bank Personal Banker will also achieve operational rigour excellence in all aspects of procedures and processes personally undertaken to ensure green audit.
- Follow the Retail end to end account opening ensuring new accounts are authorized and KYC compliant. Escalate any items that exceed the agreed service level time lines or where there are unresolved KYC requirements, to the Branch Manager.
- Comply with all general Barclays operational risk & rigour requirements e.g. KYC and anti-money laundering regulations.
- Occasionally, assist the Branch Manager to open and close cashier tills at the beginning and end of each day.
- Carry out snap checks as allocated by the Branch Manager.
Provision of Customer Service: 15%
- Own customer queries and complaints around account opening, loans and card applications and resolve in a timely manner. Escalate any unresolved queries, or queries not resolved in a short period of time to the Prestige Branch Manager.
- Build relationships with internal service providers (Operations and KYC Helpdesk) to ensure a quick turnaround time of escalated queries and complaints.
- Guide customers to the appropriate delivery channel to meet their needs e.g. cashiers, drop boxes, ATM etc.
- Advise customers as soon as cheque books, cards and other account items are ready for collection. Follow up with customers that have not collected the items within a reasonable time.
- Advise customers as soon as new loans are approved and encourage draw-downs on the new loans.
- When the branch is busy walk the queues- resolve quick inquires and direct customers to the correct counters.
- Restocks merchandising materials (pamphlets, forms) in the Prestige Branch and advise the Branch Manager if supplies are running low.
Branch Support: 10%
- The Barclays Bank Personal Banker will work closely with the Branch Manager/BOM, open and close Cashier tills at the beginning and end of each day.
- Authorise cashier transactions above their teller limits when called upon.
- Serve as the cash custodian for the Branch. This involves checking cashier cash levels throughout the day, restocking cashiers or repatriating excess funds, and reordering cash from the external provider based on daily limits as set out.
- Identify and participant in community initiatives to support as part of Barclays community initiatives (such as Make a Difference Day, Local community initiative, Financial Literacy)
- Significantly contribute ideas to support the community initiatives agenda in the branch.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Barclays Bank Prestige Personal Banker should hold a good University degree or diploma or relevant experience in a front-line banking sales/marketing/service environment
- Competitor product sales experience is an added advantage
- The applicant should have comprehensive knowledge of the Bank’s products, services and policies including standard tariffs.
- Possess a good understanding of overall Retail goals & objectives, including the branch’s objectives growth of sales, cost control and income contribution
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of the sales process
- A working knowledge of the procedure manuals
- A thorough knowledge of the bank’s internal departments, systems & procedures as well as risk & rigour requirements
- A good working knowledge and understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti-Money laundering, banking code, service standards, health & safety standards etc
- Excellent planning & organization skills
- Very strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Good questioning skills
- Good PC skills
- Good numeracy & analytical skills
- Good selling/influencing skills
- Presentation skills
- Good networking skills
- Listening skills
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below:
Barclays is an equal opportunity employer that recruits, develops and promotes people on merit, and rewards outstanding performance, regardless of background and gender.