Job Title: Project Assistant
Organization: Good Neighbors International
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Project Coordinator
Good Neighbors is an international, non-profit humanitarian organization committed to child education, community development, and emergency relief projects in 30 countries around the world. We have fundraising offices in the USA, Korea, and Japan, and an International Cooperation Office in Geneva. Good Neighbors USA opened its Los Angeles office in 2007, which currently handles fundraising, donor management, volunteer programs, and marketing campaigns for all major projects. In December 2010, a Washington, D.C. office was established to network and partner with other organizations, as well as obtain grants from U.S. government agencies and foundations.
Job Summary: The Project Assistant will provide administrative and logistical support for projects, initiatives, and programs within Good Neighbors Uganda Environment. Assists assigned managers and team members by maintaining calendars, receiving and composing communications as correspondence, and replies to inquiries.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the project manager and team to maximize productivity
- Collaborate with the whole project team, contributing to the entire project lifecycle
- Organize and monitor schedules and see that deadlines are met
- Coordinate efforts within the team and with outside consultants efficiently
- Report updates verbally and in written form to management
- Monitor budget and help ensure resources are used efficiently
- Help discern requirements and assign tasks to team members
- Complete any necessary administrative tasks, such as research and email
- Demonstrate commitment to Good Neighbors Field office’ needs and confidentiality continuously.
- Carryout any other duty that may be assigned by your Supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field required
- At least two years of relevant work experience in a similar position is required.
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving
- Able to proactively address potential issues
- Excellent computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Significant hands-on experience with industry-specific software
- Collaborative working style and team-player attitude
- Positive and encouraging personality
- Able to work independently with little supervision
- Highly motivated with a strong work ethic
- Reliable, trustworthy, and committed to team’s success
- Outstanding organizational skills and ability to prioritize tasks
- Able to thrive in a high-volume, deadline-driven work environment
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send download and send applications form and CV with your email address to: email@example.com
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- The shortlisted candidates will be required to come with their original Documents.
- The Schedule of the interviews shall be as follows; written interviews to be conducted in Kampala (Head Office) and oral Interviews to be conducted in Jinja.
- Any forgery will lead to automatic cancellation of the application and opportunity
Deadline: 18th August 2019