Job Title: Project Officer – Advocacy
Organisation: Rotary International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Since 2009, Rotary International and USAID have been working together to deliver WASH programs with greater impact and sustainability in developing countries under the H2O Collaboration. Joint efforts have been conducted in the Dominican Republic, the Philippines and in Ghana. Beginning 2019, this partnership was extended to Uganda where Rotary and USAID have committed $4 million for a WASH Project over a period of three years (2019 – 2021). Under the collaboration, Rotary will focus on access to potable water; while USAID’s implementing partner – Sanitation for Health (S4H) will focus on sanitation and hygiene. The overall goal of the project is to improve water, sanitation and hygiene practices in targeted communities in 9 districts of Uganda including: Kitgum, Sembabule, Bukomansimbi, Gomba, Luuka, Jinja, Lwengo, Kyotera and Namutumba.
The overall purpose of the Project Officer is the development of an advocacy and communications strategy that provides a framework for strengthening Rotary and USHA WASH interventions. This strategy is intended to guide and promote creative and strategic alliances, collaborations and partnerships for effective engagement and dialogue with policy and decision makers on water and sanitation issues. This would ultimately lead to effective implementation of the project.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Project Officer should hold a Master’s degree in a relevant discipline or professional experience in public policy, lobbying, advocacy and communications.
- At least three years’ experience in delivering similar assignment within the WASH sector
- Strong research, analytical and facilitation skills;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to convey complex ideas in a clear, direct, and lively style
- The ability to work efficiently and deliver on committed outputs under the assignment within agreed timelines and deadlines.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their applications to the address below:
National Insurance Building,
9th Floor, Pilkington Road, Kampala.
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: Friday, 11th October 2019