Job Title: Research Officer
Organization: National Medical Stores (NMS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Report to: Senior Research Officer
National Medical Stores is an autonomous Corporation that was established by an Act of Parliament 1993. Our mandate is to procure, store and distribute medicines and other medical supplies to public health facilities in Uganda.
Job Summary: The Research Officer will provide assistance for research by participating in research design and implementation as well as participating in market surveys.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Designing research proposals
- Conducting research on assigned topics
- Analyzing research Data
- Undertaking market survey of prevailing prices of pharmaceuticals, medical sundries and other supplies
- To identify any risk(s) noted during the course of execution of your duties and formally report to your immediate supervisor
- To perform any other duties assigned from time to time
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the National Medical Stores (NMS) Research Officer job must hold an Honours Degree in Statistics or Quantitative Economics from a recognized University
- Additional training in Health related research
- At least two years of experience in undertaking health related research in a reputable organisation
- Computer knowledge including statistical packages for analyzing research data and specifically EPI data, EPI info and SPSS
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their application letters with updated CVs, copies of the academic documents/ transcripts, documents supporting your work experience, names and contact details of three professional referees addressed and delivered to the Head of Human Resource and Support Services, National Medical Stores (NMS), Plot 4-12, Nsamizi Road, P.O Box 16, Entebbe, Uganda.
Deadline: 9th September 2019