Job Title: Reservations & Ticketing Agents
Organization: Qatar Airways (QA)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Ref: QR21916
About Qatar Airways:
Qatar Airways is the state-owned flag carrier of Qatar and it’s headquartered in the Qatar Airways Tower in Doha. The airline operates a hub-and-spoke network, linking over 150 international destinations across Africa, Central Asia, Europe, Far East, South Asia, Middle East, North America, South America and Oceania from its base at Hamad International Airport, using a fleet of more than 180 aircraft. Qatar Airways Group employs more than 40,000 people, of whom 24,000 work directly for Qatar Airways. The carrier has been a member of the Oneworld alliance since October 2013, the first Gulf carrier to sign with one of the three airline alliances.
Job Summary: The Reservations & Ticketing Agents will provide full service-oriented professional reservations and ticketing service to all Qatar Airways customers and travel businesses either through telephone calls or in-person meeting in order to achieve optimal customer satisfaction and achieve budget revenue targets.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Makes and confirms reservations for passengers
- Arranges Reservations and routing for using timetable, airlines manuals, reference guides and tariff book and proper issuance of ATB for all types of ticketing transactions
- Assist mishandled passengers such as NOREC/DNB to reduce passenger complaints
- Issue tickets quoting correct fare to reduce passenger complaints and debit notes
- Advise of changes in flight plan or to cancel passenger reservations
- Advise load control personnel and other stations of changes in passenger itinerary to control space and ensure utilization of seating capacity on flights.
- Initiate and promote QR product to generate the revenue
- Record and process reservations made by phone/fax/e-mail; action telex messages and authorities.
- Handle helpdesk-assist travel agents with seat confirmations: upgrade/downgrade proposals
- Issuance of MCO’s and refunds’ process lost tickets and time barred tickets
- Plans route and computes ticket cost, using schedules, rate books and computer
- Telephones customer or travel agents to advise of changes with travel conveyance or to confirm reservations, as well as alternate available options
- Answer inquires made by travel agencies or transportation firms, such as airlines, bus companies, railroad companies, and steamship lines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Qatar Airways Reservations & Ticketing Agents job should hold a Trade or Vocational Qualification
- Completion of the IATA Amadeus Certificate is an advantage.
- At least three years of job-related experience.
- Excellent communication skills, thorough knowledge of fare construction and ticketing
- Ability to work under pressure with minimal supervision in a high-pressure environment.
- Fluent (written and spoken) in English
How to Apply:
All applicants who wish to join Qatar Airways in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the link below. You will be required to attach an updated Resume / CV, copy of passport, copy of highest educational certificate and recent full length color photo
Deadline: 21st August 2019