Job Title: Store Keeper (Several Job Vacancies)
Organization: FIG Consult Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
FIG Consult Limited is a leading Human Resource Consultancy. They are recruiting on behalf of a valuable client.
Job Summary: The Store Keeper will protect stores against losses of goods and in turn help in profit making. The incumbent will keep goods always ready for delivery/issue in any circumstances. The incumbent will provide maximum service at reasonable cost. The jobholder will also avoid over stocking and under stocking hence maintaining demand and supply whilst providing the records and information as when need arises.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain receipts, records, and withdrawals of the stockroom
- Receive, unload, and shelve supplies
- Perform other stock-related duties, including returning, packing, and labeling products
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping
- Rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of damages
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control
- Coordinate the handling of freight, the movement of equipment, and necessary minor repairs.
- Supervising the loaders and the activities in the warehouses for the finished products.
- Ensuring defectives are selected, sorted and cleaned up and the right products are repackaged in the right way for customers’ satisfaction.
- Ensuring quality is not compromised by physical inspection and sample testing of detected contaminated products to the quality laboratories, reporting any un usual behavior of the products
Health and safety
- Follow safety procedures to prevent injuries while performing heavy lifting, operating warehouse equipment, moving parts and vehicles.
- Ensure proper housekeeping to avoid product contamination.
- Collaborate in a team to ensure timely loading of trucks on schedule for time and early delivery of products to the customers.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant should preferably hold a Degree in Stores management, warehousing or related field.
- Two years of uninterrupted experience in handling store activities.
- Customer-Facing and Customer Service Skills
- Strong Computer Skills
- Organizational Skills
How to Apply:
All candidates should send their updated CVs and cover letters to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please also include a cover letter that should clearly state your salary expectation and indicate the position title as subject of Email.
Deadline: 9th November 2019
- Address kampala, Uganda