Job Title: Sponsorship Manager
Organization: ChildFund International
Duty Station: Kampala,Uganda
Reports to: Programs and Sponsorship Director
For over seventy years globally, ChildFund International has been providing help to deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to have the capacity to improve their lives and opportunity to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change to their communities. We promote societies whose individuals and institutions participate in valuing, protecting and advancing the worth and rights of children.
Job Summary: The Position provides strategic leadership, technical and administra-tive management, and supervisory oversight assuring the quality and accountability of the sponsorship work in the Country Office (CO). S/he will be responsible for the efficient and effective sponsorship program through developing staff, organizational, and partner capacities, and by ensuring that sponsorship service and its programming standards are met by the Country Office
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strategy Development and Management – Provides support and contributes to the dialogues in the national strategic planning, development, and implementation of sponsorship initiatives, actions, and functions assuring integration with program strategies.
- Capacity Building; Assures improved capacities for staff and partners that manage sponsorship to guarantee that management guidelines, policies, procedures, and tool utilizations related to sponsorship and its programmatic components are achieved.
- Technical Management Support -. Responsible for the adherence to policies, and standards related to sponsorship compliance and standards.
- Sponsorship administration and data management – Quality, timeliness and inflow/outflow of correspondence is continuously attained by providing administrative support to the sponsorship team and partners.
- Coordination and Engagement Mechanisms – Directly responsible for effi cient and comprehensive action on inquiries and requests for information by other sponsorship stakeholders in the global organization and wider ChildFund Alliance and most especially sponsors for achieving evident donor engagement.
- Performance Measurement (Monitoring and Evaluation); Designs and supervises the development and utilization of monitoring, evaluation, quality assurance tools and reporting procedures to effectively improve and sustain the quality of sponsorship and programming.
- Knowledge Management and Learning; Develop learning and knowledge products in the area of sponsorship that meet standards and enable organization-wide learning and sharing by documenting approaches, project and program designs and lessons, case studies and other knowledge products.
- Human Resource Management; Ensures Sponsorship staff are effectively supervised, motivated and supported for achievement of sponsorship objectives, and plans.
- Child Safeguarding; Remains alert and responsive to any child safeguarding risks, acquires relevant knowledge and skills which will enable you to promote strong safeguarding practices, understand the child safeguarding policy and procedures, and conduct yourself in a manner consistent with the Child Safeguarding Policy.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate must hold a Bachelor’s degree in community development, child development or general business management, Social Work, Social Sciences or equivalent relevant work experience.
- 5-7 years progressive work experience with children and youth in a child development organization or experience in operations and service management.
- Good understanding of sponsorship operations and workflows, operations management, sponsorship programming, sponsorship policies and standards
- Proven supervisory skills and ability to work and communicate clearly both verbally and in writing with employees at all levels; demonstrated ability to lead through networks, build consensus with teams.
- Strong problem-solving skills that enable problem identification and resolution required Process management and business process improvement experience a plus
- Experience with change management in a production environment and proven success at maintaining productivity and positive culture through change
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills including English
- Strong computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook)
How to Apply:
All interested and qualified candidates who meet the above requirements please submit your application including detailed Curriculum Vita, academic and professional papers and names of 3 work related Referees with their Email/ daytime telephone contacts to:
The Country Director
P.O. BOX 3342, Kampala
Email: email@example.com OR Hand delivers to ChildFund National Office located on Plot 71/72 Namirembe Road P.O. Box 3341, Kampala NOTE: While we appreciate every response to this advert, only short listed candidates will be contacted. ChildFund is an equal opportunity employer.
Deadline: 13th November 2019
- Address kampala, Uganda