Job Title: Store Assistants (Several Fresher Jobs)
Organization: Watoto Child Care Ministry Watoto Schools
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Watoto is a family of people from all over the world who are working together to ensure that the forgotten have a place to belong. In a time of civil war, we planted Watoto Church in Kampala, Uganda to speak hope and life to the nation. As we work alongside the most vulnerable in our society, our aim is to rescue individuals and raise each one as a leader in their sphere of life so that, in turn, they will rebuild the nation. In all of this, Watoto remains a local church, committed to celebrating Christ and caring for community.
Job Summary: The Store Assistant will ensure proper accountability of inventory and deliver exceptional service by providing safe receipt, storage, and timely dispatch of stock in support of Watoto Schools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitor the stock levels and liaise with Administrators and Procurement to coordinate & guide replenishment.
- Ensure quality checks & verifications on received items is done before adding to the store
- Receive, count, record and store all Education supplies, inventory & assets.
- Maintain an accurate record of all Education inventory received in and taken from the store.
- Conduct periodical (Weekly, monthly & termly) stock takes & share an updated report with line managers.
- Maintain a functional stores inventory and ensure proper maintenance of stock and supplies.
- Follow up on suppliers in liaison with the procurement officer in regard to deliveries, invoices, LPOs and replenishments and work with the procurement office to ensure standardized transportation plans for merchandise for the village.
- Inspect deliveries for damage or discrepancies; report those to accounting for reimbursements and record keeping.
- Ensure adequate record keeping and manage all documentation to confirm proper stock levels and maintain inventory control.
- Ensure that the store is clean, kept free of clutter and organized and rotate stock and coordinate the disposal of surpluses.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Watoto Child Care Ministry Watoto Schools Store Assistant job opportunity should hold a Diploma in Procurement & Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Public Administration, Humanities or related field from a recognized institution.
- Two years of experience within a large active and vibrant organisation in store management.
- Knowledge in inventory management and stores organisation.
- Should be computer literate and well versed in Excel.
- Excellent Oral and Written communication skills and great at record keeping.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates within the Watoto Education Directorate can apply by clicking on the link below.
Deadline: 17th November 2019
- Address kampala, Uganda