Job Title: TREP Officers (90 Fresher Job Opportunities)
Organisation: Uganda Revenue Authority (URA)
Duty Station: Nakawa (2 Jobs), Kawempe (2 Jobs), Makindye (2 Jobs), Mbarara (4 Jobs), Fortportal (2 Jobs), Jinja (4 Jobs), Entebbe A (2 Jobs), Nansana (2 Jobs), Lira (4 Jobs), Mukono (4 Jobs), Gulu (4 Jobs), Kitgum (2 Jobs), Arua (2 Jobs), Koboko (2 Jobs), Lugazi (4 Jobs), Kamuli (2 Jobs), Iganga (2 Jobs), Tororo (2 Jobs), Busia (2 Jobs), Mbale (4 Jobs), Kumi (2 Jobs), Soroti (2 Jobs), Moroto (4 Jobs), Masindi (4 Jobs), Hoima (2 Jobs), Kasese (2 Jobs), Ishaka (2 Jobs), Rukungiri (2 Jobs), Ntungamo (2 Jobs), Kabale (2 Jobs), Kisoro (2 Jobs), Namugongo (4 Jobs), Masaka (4 Jobs), Massajja (2 Jobs), Mubende (2 Jobs), Mityana (2 Jobs) and Rubaga (2 Jobs), Uganda
The Uganda Revenue Authority (URA) was established by the Uganda Revenue Authority Statute of 1991 and set up in September of the same year as a central body for assessment and collection of specified revenue, to administer and enforce the laws relating to such revenue and to provide for related matters. This statute incorporated all the laws that were in force then regarding tax collection. The new organization (URA) amalgamated the three tax administration departments that were responsible for all the taxes collected by the Central Government of Uganda.
Job Summary: The TREP Officers will implement the register expansion activities under Taxpayer Register Expansion Program (TREP) while working closely with Uganda Registration Services Bureau (URSB), Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA), Ministry of Local Government and selected Municipalities to discover and register new taxpayers.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Implement taxpayer registration plans in line with the departmental objectives
- Engage and sensitize the public on business registration and formalization as well as their rights and obligations after registration.
- Make reconciliations with partner agencies to identify registration gaps in the individual institutional registers and follow up to register missing clients.
- Carry out door to door field activities to identify and register eligible businesses & persons with TREP partner institutions.
- Carry out joint enforcement activities with TREP partner institutions like following up on raised but unpaid Payment Registration Numbers to recover revenue.
- Prepare and submit periodic field work and joint enforcement plans and reports.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the URA TREP Officers jobs must hold Diplomas in business, law and any relevant discipline from a recognized institution.
- Minimum of credit in Math and English at O’ level
- At least two years of experience in carrying out field work while interfacing with members of the public
- Ability to speak English and a local language in the area applied for.
- Knowledge of the area applied for (Check areas on top of advert)
- Knowledge in Swahili
- Knowledge of the local languages commonly spoken in the municipality of choice (Check areas on top of advert)
- Knowledge of domestic tax laws
- Exceptional Integrity
- Time management
- Highly adaptable and flexible
- Customer Focus and sensitivity to high quality services
- Team work; communication and collaboration
- Conflict management; problem solving, cross-cultural skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and conceptual skills
- Age: Below 30 years.
NB: Candidates should apply for not more than 2 jurisdictions
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join URA should apply online at the link below.
Click Here -> Careers – > TREP Officers
- ONLY online applications will be considered.
- The maximum age limit is 30 years.
- Applicants are required to scan and attach copies of the required academic documents only e.g. Diploma, Certificates, O’ level, A’ level.
- Each attachment must not exceed a limit of 1MB and ONLY Portable Document Format (pdf) is allowed.
- The list of shortlisted candidates will be published on the URA website.
- This recruitment is on a Short Term basis for a period of One (1) year.
- Applicants are advised to select the Municipality of their choice.
Deadline: 26th October 2019 at 11:59pm